Tuesday, June 16, 2009

First Day

After flying all day yesterday we got to the pension around 11:30pm. Between the excitement of travel, a small time change and a terrible matress I´m a little tired today. Not to mention I felt like passing out after walking up a flight of stairs with my laugage. The altitude definitely effects you.

After meeting with the woman who runs the pension we went out for a cup of coffee. Daniel and I walked a few blocks to one of the many squares in the old part of Quito. The streets and side walks are cobble stone and all one way streets. I say sidewalk but it can barely fit two people walking side by side. Since the city is in between two mountains the streets are hilly. So I´m getting my exercise.
I just had my first Spanish lesson. Today´s was only for an hour which was plenty but usually they will be 2 hours Monday through Friday, I think (Daniel negotiated with the pension in Spanish).
Even though it´s only 2:30 I´m ready for a nap.

Daniel had his first day of work today and should be back around 6. I will definitely have to entertain myself. Which I don´t think will be difficult and not after a few more Spanish lessons.

Well time for a nap, Adios for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment