Tuesday, May 31, 2011

NYC Update

Well spring is over and the hot weather is here. It's not even that hot (80) and it's hot, and it will be getting hotter. I have some sewing projects I'm going to work on to make dresses. It's definitely dress weather.

Memorial Day weekend was nice. Saturday we went to the Riverside Park, which is right by our house and on the Hudson River. We had a little picnic and read books under a tree. Sunday we went into Brooklyn to Prospect Park. We got off at the stop before so we could walk around and walked right into an Festival. It was some sort of African/Jamaican Festival. Lots of music, booths selling cloths, jewelry and food. We had some really good vegetarian Jamaican jerk tofu stuff. Then we walked down 5th ave, which has all these little shops, cafes and bars. The area has some great architecture and brown stones. We got over to the park and sat on a bench for awhile people watching. Everyone was out. Monday I ran a few errands, Daniel went on a short bike ride. Then we veged on the couch and I did some crocheting.

My classes at Hunter are over, which is leaving me with a lot of free time I'm not used to. Still haven't heard if I got into Hunter's MA program. The jewelry class I teach is almost over. Next thursday is the last class. I'll start a new job in July. I'll be teaching art at a summer program. I think it's 3rd-5th graders but we'll see. I'll probably do sculpture with them. That will be the month of July and first week of August. I'm glad to find some work. It's been very difficult to find anything.

Daniel and I are going to try to take advantage of the free stuff that goes on in the City this summer. Should be fun.
I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment