Friday, July 22, 2011

Hot town Summer in the City

It's 7:15am and it's already 90 degrees. It is suppose to get up to 101 today.
It's been a hot week. Yesterday there was a breeze, but it felt like Satan was blowing his hot stinky breath on me.
So our fans are blowing and we spritz ourselves with a water bottle. Keeps you kind of cool. The fire hydrants our broken open in our neighborhood but I have yet to jump in one.
I will definitely have to try it before the summers over. It's such a New York summer icon. Of course it's illegal to open them but the cops and fire department look the other way. It makes sense though, tensions rise when it gets this hot (anyone see "Do the Right Thing") and it provides relief. Not everyone can afford an air conditioner.
Just got back from work. We took the kids to Ripley's believe it or Not. They had a good time. It's up to 103 degrees, 90 degrees in my apartment.
I'm going to sit in a cool bath with a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment