Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Mompiche

August 19th - After some bus rides I got talked into taking a boat from Muisne to Mompiche. They said the bus would take longer and the boat ride was only 20 minutes but having to wait for the couple to get their act together and by the time we finally took off I probably could have taken the bus. I was feeling a little salty from waiting so long but as the tiny motor boat came out of the river and hit the open sea it was a blast. Flying over waves, smashing down, getting a face full of water. It was like a rollercoaster ride. So I arrived at Mompiche wet witha smile on my face.
The town is a small mellow beach town. The weather was a little over cast and didn't put me in the beach mood. But I spent my time reading on the beach or in a hammock and having good seafood.

No comments:

Post a Comment