Monday, August 24, 2009

Ibarra



August 14th - After a day of laundry in Quito I´m in Ibarra. It´s a small town up in the north sierras. The buildings are low with colonial architecture, mostly white. And like most towns in Ecuador its fair share of churches. In the distance surrounding the town are mountains.
It was the first town I hit by myself and was doing fine till I got news my grandmother - Mama Sue passed away. It was difficult to be all alone so far away from my family and Daniel.
I think it put a damper on my day there and I strolled the streets and plazas in a bit of a daze.

Because I had spent so much time in Quito I am on a quick tour of the country. I think not really knowing the language and going alone I procrastinated so now I´m rushing to see everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment